Education and Training
For as long as I can remember I knew I was going to teach and teaching I have done! (Most grades throughout the school system, teaching teachers in developing countries, writing and teaching AQ university courses for Canadian teachers and workshop and curriculum development for the masses have all been career opportunities).
This makes working in the field of Autism Spectrum Disorders a particularly exciting prospect since ongoing direct teaching skills are absolutely necessary!
Integrated Autism Consulting offers a comprehensive package of education and training for parents, professionals and individuals on the Autism Spectrum.
The focus of all programs is to empower participants to effectively intervene and advocate for themselves or for the individuals with ASD that they know and love.
Development and delivery of:
- In-service training for principals, teachers, educational assistants, and regional special education staff within school boards
- In-service training for parents and community members
- Development of in-service training for individuals with Asperger Syndrome
- Facilitation of ABA strategies in the school setting
- IEP development and support
- Training for businesses and institutions
“Let us think of education as the means of developing our greatest abilities, because in each of us there is a private hope and dream which, fulfilled, can be translated into benefit for everyone and greater strength for our nation”.
John F. Kennedy