A Model for Living a Good Life for People with Asperger Syndrome
How to Apply:
1. Contact Integrated Autism Consulting and provide your Name, Age, Address, Phone Number and E-mail Address.
2. An application package will be forwarded.
3. Complete and return the application package with a $100.00 deposit.
4. Potential participants will be contacted for an interview.
Application Deadline: October 24, 2014
|Autism Ontario – Program Oversight/Collaboration
|Integrated Autism Consulting – Project Facilitation
Project Director – Patricia O’Connor, Integrated Autism Consulting
12 week Diploma Course, Winter 2015
Transition from secondary school to life is one of the most stressful times in the lives of young adults, but for those with Autism Spectrum Disorder (Asperger Syndrome) the event is overwhelming and anxiety provoking.
The intent of this project is to respond to the increasing needs of young adults with Asperger Syndrome transitioning from the secondary school setting into employment and independent living.
Diploma Course Georgian College, Barrie, ON
12 week course: 3 hour sessions – January to March 2015
2 hours of individual coaching per week
24 hours of on the job training
- Practical assignments
- Interactive tasks and problem solving activities
- Community based activities
- Guest speakersMonthly social activities
- Individuals with Asperger Syndrome will be assisting with teaching and coaching the course.
- Additional email and telephone support as required
Documented diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder(Asperger Syndrome)
- Ages 18-28
- High level of motivation to meet program goals
- Parent commitment and involvement
- Mandatory attendance and weekly assignment completion
- Ability to attend the course and employment placement independently
- Understanding your Diagnosis
- Transition from Secondary School to Life: Benefits and Challenges
- Assessment of Current Skills
- Emotional Regulation and Anxiety Reduction
- Social Understanding and Safety
- Healthy Relationships: Friendship and Sexuality
- Post Secondary Education
- Independent Living Skills
- Planning for the Future
Reduced Tuition Fee: $400.00
This course is subsidized by the Government of Ontario and Autism Ontario.